Once you receive your assigned websites:
1. Review the powerpoint on How to Judge History Fair Websites.
2. Read the scoring rationale for judging projects.
3. Download copies of the judging worksheet for each website. Use the correct division (Senior=high school, Junior=elementary school).
Consider looking at one of the Website Examples of superior projects before evaluating your assigned websites. It may help you to get a sense of the possible.
Before you judge your assigned websites:
1. Call your partner judge to arrange a time in which you will discuss your evaluations of the websites. Judges have conferred via phone, cafes, and even Skype! Be sure that you schedule your appointment in enough time to return to your final evaluations to the History Fair office.
2. Confirm with History Fair that judges are in contact with each other and have set-up a conference time.
3. Have fun judging--take really good notes!
4. Confer with your partner to share insights about the students' work and to make sure your scores are within eight points of each other.
5. Each write up your evaluation in the electronic Final Evaluation and return to the History Fair via email: email@example.com