Congratulations! You have been selected to represent Illinois at the Kenneth E. Behring National History Day competition at the University of Maryland campus in College Park, Md., June 14-18, 2015. Selection to represent your state at the national contest is a great honor, and we congratulate you on your achievement. Below you will find documents that review important information you need to know in order to plan your trip to Nationals.
Join us on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 for the NHD Prep Meeting
Newberry Library, 60 W. Walton, Chicago, IL
RSVP by May 12.
Click here for more information
@ National History Day
- Pizza Party Invitation - following the Welcome Ceremony, at Hornbake Plaza (down the hill from the Stamp Student Union). It's "Ultimate Frisbee" Time too. (NO--not with the pizzas, silly, but our very own Team Illinois frisbees!)
- Support fellow students by attending performances and documentaries if you are on campus. It means a lot to see friendly faces in the audience. Wish the papers, websites, and exhibits "good luck" on the day they have their interviews.
- All Illinois Team members are welcomed to join us in the LA PLATA dorm for the ice cream sundae/poster making party on June 18. 9pm, after the Smithsonian History Day Night. No ice cream til you make your poster!! :)
- Illinois Dorm Dwellers are in LaPlata. Participate in the Dorm-Door-Decorating Contest, and bring your favorite game for the Monday night post-dance Board Game Olympics.
- Judging and winners of the dorm door contest will be crowned at the party.
- TEAM ILLINOIS's block of seats at the Awards Ceremony on June 18, 8:30-12noon, Section 121, Rows 11-15, exactly opposite the stage, Xfinity Center. Join the Parade of States--it makes the Awards Ceremony fun and a great way to conclude your week's experience. Supporters at home can watch the ceremony streamed live from the NHD website. Students may pick up their evaluations after the ceremony.
- University of Maryland-College Park Map: